Posted on December 25, 2018
Atmos Update (2018-12-25)
I decided to get started immediately on the next port, which is the Oric Atmos.
After a little digging, I found a nice set of tools called OSDK, which is helping me save a lot of time in converting the maps to a useful format for displaying on the ATMOS. You can see below the menu and a couple of maps converted with the PictConv utility. The defence-force forum has been a great place for receiving support.
One major hurdle though is that the ATMOS currently has no ethernet adapter hardware available. So I decided to make one myself using an Arduino Ethernet connected to the printer port. Things are progressing smoothly on that front too, so I expect that the Atmos port should take no more than 2-3 months before it reaches “Alpha” test.